Solid Waste Services
The City of Robinson contracts with Waste Management to provide solid waste services to city customers. Each customer receives the following services:
- 1x per week solid waste collection in Waste Management polycart
- 1 x per every other week recyclables collection Waste Management polycart, 2019-2020 recycling schedule
- 1 x per week Bulk/Brush Curbside Collection
- "At Your Door" Hazardous Waste Special Collection
- New Years Day
- Independence Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If one of the above holidays falls on a route day, solid waste services will collect the following day and run late for the rest of the week into Saturday. If a holiday falls on a Wednesday, routes will not be disrupted due to no current routes running on that day.
Residential Solid Waste Collection
|Residential Solid Waste Services||Rates Breakdown|
|Solid Waste Collected One (1) Time Per Week in One (1) 96 Gal-Polycart, Brush/Bulk (up to 3 cubic yards) picked up at your curb, Recycle collected Every Other Week in One (1) 96 – Gallon Polycart||$15.77 per home, per month|
|"At Your Door Hazardous Waste Collection"||$0.89 per home, per month|
|Franchise and Billing Fee||$1.83 per home, per month|
|Total:||$18.49 per home, per month|
|Additional 96 - Gallon PolyCarts||$5.77 per polycart, per home, includes franchise and billing fee|
Acceptable Recycling Materials
Materials NOT Accepted
Commercial Small Collect and Dumpster Services & Rates
Commercial Small Collect
Each small commercial account, not utilizing dumpster service, will transfer to Waste Management as a commercial small collect account utilizing 96-gallon carts issued by Waste Management with a four (4) cart limit per account. Billing and service questions or concerns will be handled by the City of Robinson Utility Department and can be reached at (254) 662-1415 or email Utilities.
|Commercial Small Collect Pricing|
|Each 96-gallon polycart||$20.34 per month, includes the franchise and billing fee|
There is a 4 cart limit with this service. If your business needs to move to dumpster service you can contact Waste Management to set that up at 1-800-800-5804 or email Waste Management.
Commercial Front Load Dumpster Service
Waste Management handles ALL commercial front load dumpster service accounts.
|Container Size / Type||1 X Week||2 X Week||3 X Week||4 X Week||5 X Week||6 X Week|
|3 Yard FEL Container||$79.77||$117.36||$170.96||$214.21||$265.61||$344.69|
|4 Yard FEL Container||$88.99||$148.53||$180.16||$229.67||$274.21||$393.39|
|6 Yard FEL Container||$147.24||$245.42||$368.65||$441.93||$515.54||$665.39|
|8 Yard FEL Container||$175.69||$264.67||$380.78||$475.65||$583.89||$790.77|
These rates include 5% franchise fee to be remitted to City.
Extra Pick Up:
3 YD- $39.74
Waste Management can help you with your container needs.
Customer Service Department:
Direct Line: 1-800-800-5804
Email: Email Customer Service
On all emails: Please always give service address and full contact information
- What will my rate be with the new solid waste service?
- Who is the new service provider?
- Why A New Company?
- Are there any hidden fees?
- What’s the increase from what I am paying now?
- Why an increase in rates?
- When will the new increase and solid waste services begin?
- How will billing work with this new service?
- Will each resident receive polycart(s)?
- How do we know what cart to use for solid waste and which one to use for recyclables?
- Do we have to use the carts?
- Why carts?
- Are there special instructions when setting out the carts?
- What happens if one of my set outs is deemed unacceptable?
- What if we need an additional cart?
- What happens if we added a cart to our account, but no longer need it?
- What happens if the cart is damaged, lost, or stolen?
- Is there a way to identify the carts issued to me?
- When will we receive our new carts?
- What do we do with our old carts if we no longer want them?