At Your Door Special Hazardous Waste Collection
AT YOUR DOOR SPECIAL COLLECTION SERVICE
Waste Management's At Your Door Special CollectionSM provides Robinson residents with front-porch service to collect the difficult, sometimes hazardous, and hard-to-recycle items that almost every household accumulates. Waste Management will collect the pesticides, household chemicals, sharps, electronic waste, batteries, fluorescent lamps, automotive waste products (including oil), paints, thinners, and dozens of other items that don't belong with your recyclables or regular curbside waste pickup.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
The At Your Door Special CollectionSM program is available all year long, so Robinson residents can use the service following a renovation, home clean-up, or whatever is most convenient. Arranging a pickup at the doorstep is as easy as making a toll-free call or by email.
- A helpful Waste Management representative answers your questions.
- You will then be provided a date when our customer service technician will arrive to remove the waste. It is not necessary for anyone to be at home.
- A collection kit for the waste will be mailed to you. The kit includes a heavy-duty plastic bag, labels, simple instructions, and a zip tie for closing the bag.
- Gather your hazardous household waste and place the materials in the bag on the front porch or near the garage (never at the curb.)
- On the established pickup date, At Your Door technicians will arrive, remove and secure the waste safely, then drive to the next location.
- Once the waste is collected, Waste Management technicians work to responsibly manage the waste and recycle as much as possible, typically up to 75% and at times more than 75%.
MATERIALS ACCEPTED WITH AT YOUR DOOR SPECIAL COLLECTION
- Automotive Waste
- Antifreeze, batteries, brake fluid, motor oil, and filter, fuels
- Garden Chemicals
- Fertilizers, herbicides, insect sprays, pesticides, weed killers
- Swimming Pool Chemicals
- Chlorine tablets and liquid, pool acid, stabilizer
- Household Waste
- Artist's paint, CFL bulbs, electronics, sharps
- Electronic Waste
- PCs, MP3 players, iPods©, TVs, DVD players, cell phones, computers, monitors
- Household Cleaners
- Ammonia, heavy-duty cleaners, naval jelly, tile removers
- Paint Products
- Caulk, glue, paint, stripper, stain, thinner, wood preservative
MATERIAL THAT WILL NOT BE COLLECTED:
Ammunition medicine, explosives, asbestos, leaking containers, commercial chemicals, or hazardous materials in containers larger than five gallons.