Permits and Building Inspections
Notice to Contractors in Preparation of Utilizing 3rd Party Inspectors:
To Ensure Inspections Run Smoothly, Please Follow These Guidelines:
- At this time, inspections must be requested by 3:00pm the day before the inspection is to occur.
- Inspections will be performed by Bureau Veritas typically between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Addresses must be posted at the site.
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) controls must be in place at the beginning of construction.
- Plans must be at the site for reference by inspectors. Failure to provide plans at site may result in inspection failing.
Changes to the Current MyGov System and Future Inspection Requests:
- A series of changes are occurring with the City’s MyGov system in preparation of implementing Bureau Veritas' third party plan review and inspection services which will require contractors to schedule inspections through their TMS system.
- Once fully implemented, general contractors for new residential construction will schedule all trade inspections under one permit for the new construction, which will be tracked in MyGov and TMS.
- Residential additions and remodel projects having one or more trades will be tracked in MyGov and TMS under one permit for the addition/remodel.
- Stand-alone residential trade permits (small job mechanical, electrical, plumbing, irrigation, etc.) not tied to a new construction, addition, or remodel projects will be tracked in MyGov and TMS under one permit, as it has been in MyGov.
We ask that you please bear with us during this transition.
Director of Planning & Development
Step 2: Once approved as a contractor, you can submit your permit request.
Step 3: Make sure to attach construction or site plans.
Step 4: After your permit request has been reviewed and approved, you will be able to make payment. The Building Department Fee Schedule can be found in the Fee Schedule section.
Apply In Person / E-Mail
Step 1: Please complete an application (PDF) and include construction or site plans.
Step 2: Submit application in person at 111 W. Lyndale Avenue, Robinson, TX 76706 email Justin French
Step 3: You will receive an email notification once an application has been received.
Step 4: Once the application has been received, reviewed, and approved, you will be contacted for payment. View the Building Department Fee Schedule.
Request an Inspection
To request an inspection, call City Hall to make an appointment at (254) 662-1415 or complete request for inspection online from your mygov account. Inspections will only be completed Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
The City of Robinson is currently using the 2018 International Code Council Series and 2017 National Electrical Code for building standards. Setback requirements can be found in the Code of Ordinances. For buildings that are on septic systems, the Waco McLennan County Public Health District governs the plans and installation.