- Departments & Services
- Community Event Content for Publication
Community Event Content for Publication
Community News and Events
Citizens are welcomed to share news and events with the City. The community calendar and news section space in the citizen newsletter is devoted to allowing organizations and persons to notify the public of local events and efforts.
If your content submission meets the guidelines listed below you can fill out the content submission form to request for your item to be shared in any of the following ways: Community News Section of the Citizen Newsletter, Calendar of Events on City website, and/or City Social Media accounts. Once you have completed the content submission form you can submit it online in our Form Center or by Emailing the Communications Department or mail/drop it off to 111 W. Lyndale Avenue, Robinson, TX 76706. The City E-Newsletter is sent on the first of each month. Paper newsletters are mailed with the utility bills and mailed in two sections. The 1st section is mailed on the 1st of each month and the 2nd section is mailed on the 15th of each month. Calendar and social media shares can be done at any time, as long as the content is acceptable. These dates may change based on when City observed holidays and/or City Hall closings occur.
Guidelines for Submission
- Submission must be sent to the city's communication staff for review and approval 15 days prior to the month's newsletter it is requested to be published in. However, it is recommended that information is received as early as 30 days prior to help ensure there is space.
- If the information is approved staff will post it, space permitting. The information may have to be reduced in size or length if required by the Director.
- Posting of an informational notice is in no way an endorsement by the City or its officials of any particular event, cause, organization, or measure.
- Because of space limitations and issues of fairness, notifications of events, rallies or appearances of particular candidates for political office are not acceptable content. In addition, notices soliciting donations are not allowed.
- This space is not provided for venting frustrations or attacking the character or reputation of others.
If you have an event or content that you think would be a fit for the City to share just give us the details below and we'll see if we can get it in. No promises but the chances are good. Examples of Acceptable Notices:
"The (organization) is holding its annual charity run on (date). For more information call (contact information);"
"A petition is circulating to place (particular measure) on the ballot for the (date) election, for more information call (contact information)"; "Volunteers are needed for the (event), for more information call (contact information)".
Examples of Notices Not Acceptable:
"A rally to support John Doe for (political office) will be held at…"; "If you are sick of (named official) call (contact information) for more about him"; "(Person or organization) is collecting donations for the family of ….".
The City reserves the right to reject any notice or to discontinue provision of this space at any time.